Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

GF Pizza

Here is a quick, easy GF dinner.  One gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free Mariposa pizza crust (one of my favorite) and the toppers: pesto(see below), spinach, onions and fresh tomatoes straight out of my mom's garden.  Sprinkle with fresh grated pepper and a dash of salt & pop it into the oven. 20 mins later...dinner is ready!

Home-made pesto:

Ingredients:

2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts (I used almonds because I had them!)

2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese (which I decided to leave out...and it was still great)

Directions:

Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.  Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment